SAGMA CODE OF CONDUCT REFERRED TO RAW MATERIAL FOR THE PRODUCTION OF GELATIN/HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION
1. The gelatin/hydrolyzed collagen is global. SAGMA Code of Conduct is based on the existing regulations that are worldwide accepted.
2. The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to settle and enforce additional rules and recommendations, through certified quality systems, such as ISO 9000 and FSSC 22000 for the gelatin/hydrolyzed collagen manufacturers members of SAGMA, so that they might guarantee that the raw material employed in the production of gelatin/hydrolyzed collagen is in conformity with hygiene and sanitary requirements used and accepted by the food and pharmaceutical industries.
3. The regulations require traceability systems and certain sanitary conditions as well, for the raw material utilized in products for human consumption. These regulations are approved by the competent authorities of each country where SAGMA members produce and also by the countries that import the gelatin/hydrolyzed collagen and by all the official and private related entities.
4. SAGMA members are committed and accept this Code of Conduct and are responsible for the application of its content. They periodically assess the quality system of their raw material suppliers and suggest corrective actions whenever they estimate that are necessary.
5. All SAGMA members have management system in force, which guarantee the fulfilment of the following principles:
5.1 The raw material Supplier has the necessary authorization at the federal, regional or local level that allows the development of the activity.
5.2 The Supplier delivers the raw material accompanied by all the necessary certifications and documents.
5.3 The Supplier has all the environmental authorizations in force in the area of its operation.
5.4 The gelatin/hydrolyzed collagen producer makes a regular evaluation of the quality system of the Supplier and proposes changes, when they are judged necessary.
5.5 The gelatin/hydrolyzed collagen producer regularly verifies that the sanitary conditions during the operation, manipulation, segregation by types of raw material, warehousing and transportation, are enough to prevent any contamination risk produced by foreign substances eventually used in the raw material.
6. SAGMA members neither practice nor tolerate any illegal employment, children work, slavery work practices, in accordance with the rules of the International Labor Organization and the respective national legislations.
7. SAGMA members are committed with the good governance practices.