STATEMENT OF GMAP, GME, GMIA and SAGMA
There are four independent regional gelatine associations, GMAP, GME, GMIA and SAGMA, worldwide:
Europe: Gelatine Manufacturers of Europe (GME) est. 1974.
North America: The Gelatin Manufacturers Institute of America (GMIA) est. 1956.
South America: The South American Gelatine Manufacturers Association (SAGMA) est. 1995.
Asia Pacific: The Gelatine Manufacturers of Asia Pacific (GMAP) est. 1997.
The above associations comprise the major gelatine manufacturers in their regions and collectively include the vast majority of the gelatine industry worldwide.
• Their members independently confirm the quality and safety of their gelatine.
• Their raw material is:
‣ Derived from healthy slaughtered animals, determined fit for human consumption by competent authorities;
‣ Traceable from its source through to the gelatine manufactured from it.
• The manufacturing and marketing of their gelatine complies with:
‣ The highest safety requirements of national and international standards such as ISO 9000, HACCP and GMP;
‣ The regulations and legislation applicable to the region or country of sale;
‣ The local environmental, social and ethical regulations and standards.